JavaScript is disabled in your web browser or browser is too old to support JavaScript. Today almost all web pages contain JavaScript, a scripting programming language that runs on visitor's web browser. It makes web pages functional for specific purposes and if disabled for some reason, the content or the functionality of the web page can be limited or unavailable.

Friday, April 4, 2025

Hart not back but coming home 'soon'

by

20100314

For­mer Ude­cott chair­man Calder Hart has not yet re­turned to T&T, a rel­a­tive and a gov­ern­ment spokesman con­firmed yes­ter­day. Hart left T&T a week ago, short­ly af­ter re­sign­ing as chair­man of Ude­cott and oth­er state boards on which he had served. He is at the cen­tre of a Gov­ern­ment-or­dered probe, be­gan last Sep­tem­ber by foren­sic au­di­tor Robert Lindquist, and was, there­fore, at the cen­tre of con­tro­ver­sy con­cern­ing the PNM ad­min­is­tra­tion. At­tor­ney Gen­er­al John Je­re­mie said last week that he had re­ceived a pre­lim­i­nary re­port on the probe.

Hart, his wife Sher­rine and nine-year-old daugh­ter Jean are in Flori­da. Hart is re­port­ed to have a con­do in the up­scale Las Olas Grand de­vel­op­ment in Ft Laud­erdale. How­ev­er, it was con­firmed yes­ter­day that Hart was com­ing back to T&T "very soon." A rel­a­tive, ex­press­ing con­cern about the "hound­ing" of the fam­i­ly in Trinidad, said peo­ple were ring­ing the door­bell of their house "30 and 40 times," in a bid to see if Hart was back and to try to speak with him.


Related articles

Sponsored

Weather

PORT OF SPAIN WEATHER

Sponsored