The passage of the Inter-Tropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ) has brought flooding to several parts of the country.
Below is a list of the places flooded around midday today.
- The Southbound lane of the Uriah Butler Highway in the vicinity of Monroe Road and Bejucal Road
- The Uriah Butler Highway in the vicinity of Arthur Lok Jack
- The Churchill Roosevelt Highway in the vicinity of Trincity and again in Tacarigua
- Bamboo Settlement #3 in the vicinity of Grand Bazaar.
- The University of the West Indies (nearly all surrounding roads), St. Augustine
- The Caroni Savannah Road between the Southern Main Road and the Southern Main Road, Caroni.
- The Southern Main Road between Fredrick Settlement and La Paille, Caroni
- Wrightson Road (westbound lanes), Port of Spain in the vicinity of Powergen
- Boundary Road, El Socorro and various areas of El Socorro South
- Agostini Street, St. Augustine
- Eastern Main Road, several areas between Mount Hope and Arouca
- Eastern Main Road in Arouca, in the vicinity of Bon Air at River Line Bar
- Roads surrounding Trincity, Trincity Mall and Trinicty Central Road
- Monroe Road, Central Trinidad
- Saddle Road, Santa Cruz in Hololo
Photo by Mark Bassant