You are here
Chanders back on top Clarke
West Indies batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul regained the number two position in the latest ICC Test Batting Rankings after Australian captain Michael Clarke's sub-par showing in the fourth Test against England at Chester-le-Street.
Clarke posted scores of six and 21 to fall three spots to fifth. England's Ian Bell (6 & 113) continued to make gains, hopping three places to seventh while Aussie Chris Rogers (110 & 49) climbed 41 places to 42nd. South African Hashim Amla continued to lead the rankings while his teammate AB de Villiers and Sri Lankan Kumar Sangakkara are third and fourth respectively.
Among the bowlers, Aussie Ryan Harris (2/70 & 7/117) skipped four places to seventh while Man-of-the-Match Stuart Broad jumped from 14th to ninth. There were no changes in the top six with Dale Steyn, Vernon Philandeer, Rangana Herath, Saeed Ajmal, Peter Siddle (1/41 & 0 /59) and Grame Swann (2/48 & 2/53) each maintaining their places.
Test Batting Rankings
1. (-) H.M. Amla (SA) - 903
2. (+1) S. Chanderpaul (WI) - 880
3. (+1) A.B. de Villiers (SA) - 879
4. (+1) K.C. Sangakkara (SL) - 866
5. (-3) M.J. Clarke (AUS) - 862
6. (-) C.A. Pujara (IND) - 777
7. (+3) I.R. Bell (ENG) - 762
8. (-1) J.H. Kallis (SA) - 756
9. (-1) A.N. Cook (ENG) - 752
10. (-1) Younus Khan (PAK) - 748
42. (+41) CJL Rogers (Aus) - 526
Test Bowling Rankings
1. (-) D.W. Steyn (SA) - 905
2. (-) V.D. Philander (SA) - 890
3. (-) H.M.R.K.B. Herath (SL) - 831
4. (-) Saeed Ajmal (PAK) - 819
5. (-) P.M. Siddle (AUS) - 790
6. (-) G.P. Swann (ENG) - 772
7. (+4) R.J. Harris (AUS) - 759
8. (-) R. Ashwin (IND) - 757
9. (+5) S.C.J. Broad (ENG) - 751
10. (-3) J.M. Anderson (ENG) - 733
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff. Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Please help us keep out site clean from inappropriate comments by using the flag option.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments. Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.