There are now 51 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Trinidad and Tobago.
The latest update from the Health Ministry as of Monday, 23 March 10:53 am, says that case 51 was also on the cruise that recently returned but that person came back to this country separately, prior to the other 68.
The Ministry of Health says this means that 41 of the 51 positive cases came from the cruise ship, the Costa Favolosa.
The Ministry also confirms that all positive COVID-19 cases thus far have been imported.
The Ministry of Health says so far 311 samples were submitted to the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) for testing with now 51 people testing positive.
Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley will host a news conference at 2 this afternoon, where he is expected to say more about the coronavirus and its impact on this country and measures to mitigate the effects.