JavaScript is disabled in your web browser or browser is too old to support JavaScript. Today almost all web pages contain JavaScript, a scripting programming language that runs on visitor's web browser. It makes web pages functional for specific purposes and if disabled for some reason, the content or the functionality of the web page can be limited or unavailable.

Friday, April 4, 2025

Cunupia man killed at wake in Belmont

by

Anna-Lisa Paul
273 days ago
20240705
Murder Levei Morgan-Gloud

Murder Levei Morgan-Gloud

A Cunu­pia man who went to vis­it his moth­er and at­tend a wake in Bel­mont was shot and killed on Wednes­day night.

Po­lice said Lev­ei Mor­gan-Gloud, 20, was stand­ing on the road at a wake along Up­per St Fran­cois Val­ley Road, Layan Hill, Bel­mont, at 8.15 pm on Ju­ly 3, when he was shot.

He was tak­en to the Port-of-Spain Gen­er­al Hos­pi­tal where he was pro­nounced dead at 8.30 pm.

Speak­ing with re­porters at the Foren­sic Sci­ence Cen­tre, St James, yes­ter­day, a male rel­a­tive, who asked not to be named, claimed so­cial me­dia had been por­tray­ing the Mor­gan-Gould as a gun­man which sim­ply was not true.

“He is not no gun­man. He al­ways have a smile on him. Peo­ple used to call him a smil­ing Bud­dha. He would do any­thing for any­body,” the rel­a­tive said.

Con­front­ed with the pic­ture, that cir­cu­lat­ed on so­cial l me­dia, show­ing him hold­ing an au­to­mat­ic ri­fle, an­oth­er man in­ter­rupt­ed, “Any­body could take out a pic­ture with a gun now. Yuh done know the area we liv­ing, yuh done know what go­ing on, you un­der­stand that kicksy thing.”


Related articles

Sponsored

Weather

PORT OF SPAIN WEATHER

Sponsored