JavaScript is disabled in your web browser or browser is too old to support JavaScript. Today almost all web pages contain JavaScript, a scripting programming language that runs on visitor's web browser. It makes web pages functional for specific purposes and if disabled for some reason, the content or the functionality of the web page can be limited or unavailable.

Friday, April 4, 2025

San Juan man is 2025’s first murder victim

by

Anna-Lisa Paul
92 days ago
20250102

T&T record­ed its first mur­der for 2025 one hour in­to the new year, even as a State of Emer­gency (SoE) was in full ef­fect for the coun­try.

Kee­gan Bar­bour, 39, of Pep­per Hill, Laven­tille Road, San Juan, was shot mul­ti­ple times at 1 am yes­ter­day.

Re­ports in­di­cate the de­ceased was asleep at home, when rel­a­tives heard a com­mo­tion com­ing from the bed­room, fol­lowed by gun­shots.

Up­on check­ing, the rel­a­tives found Bar­bour ly­ing in some near­by bush­es, bleed­ing from gun­shot wounds.

When Guardian Me­dia vis­it­ed Bar­bour’s house yes­ter­day, rel­a­tives de­clined to speak whilst near­by res­i­dents re­fused to com­ment as well.

One man said, “The fam­i­ly is griev­ing and it not safe to speak to no­body right now.”

He lat­er urged re­porters to leave the area.

Mean­while, po­lice de­nied claims there was a shoot­ing at Sixth Av­enue, Mal­ick, Barataria, at 7 am yes­ter­day that left one man dead and an­oth­er nurs­ing in­juries.

Po­lice of­fi­cials in­sist­ed this false in­for­ma­tion be­ing cir­cu­lat­ed on­line.

Se­nior of­fi­cers from the North East­ern Di­vi­sion dis­missed the re­ports af­ter car­ry­ing out ex­ten­sive checks in the area as well as med­ical in­sti­tu­tions.

Guardian Me­dia un­der­stands that of­fi­cers vis­it­ed the area and spoke to res­i­dents and were told the vic­tims had been tak­en to hos­pi­tal.

How­ev­er, of­fi­cers were un­able to lo­cate any of the al­leged vic­tims when they checked the hos­pi­tal.

The of­fi­cers were al­so un­able to lo­cate any ev­i­dence to sug­gest that a shoot­ing had tak­en place at the said lo­ca­tion.

Po­lice said they be­lieved the crim­i­nal el­e­ments were test­ing the TTPS’ re­sponse times, but they as­sured that the au­thor­i­ties were ready for any­thing. — An­na-Lisa Paul


Related articles

Sponsored

Weather

PORT OF SPAIN WEATHER

Sponsored