Police say one person was rescued and the search is continuing for three others, after a fire swept through a Chinese restaurant on the West Coast Demerara, in Guyana during the early hours of Tuesday.
“A search is ongoing for three other individuals who were reportedly inside the structure at the time of the fire,” police said, adding that the fire began at 3.07 am (local time).
They said that the fire has since been brought under control and that Home Affairs Minister, Robeson Benn had been on-site as emergency services continue their operations.
Preliminary reports indicate that one person of Chinese nationality had been successfully rescued from the building.
GEORGETOWN, Guyana, Mar 25, CMC -
CMC/gt/ir/2025