JavaScript is disabled in your web browser or browser is too old to support JavaScript. Today almost all web pages contain JavaScript, a scripting programming language that runs on visitor's web browser. It makes web pages functional for specific purposes and if disabled for some reason, the content or the functionality of the web page can be limited or unavailable.

Friday, April 4, 2025

TTDF instructs DSS founder to take leave

by

Chester Sambrano
1600 days ago
20201115
Drugs Sou Sou founder Kerron Clarke

Drugs Sou Sou founder Kerron Clarke

ABRAHAM DIAZ

The Trinidad and To­ba­go De­fence Force (TTDF) is seek­ing to clear the air re­gard­ing the em­ploy­ment of Drugs Sou Sou (DSS) founder Ker­ron Clarke by re­veal­ing that he was in­struct­ed to take 83 days an­nu­al leave.

Clarke is a Lance Cor­po­ral.

In a me­dia re­lease, the TTDF said the leave was with im­me­di­ate ef­fect, “as a mat­ter of in­sti­tu­tion­al re­spon­si­bil­i­ty and ac­count­abil­i­ty as TTPS (Trinidad and To­ba­go Po­lice Ser­vice) in­quires are on­go­ing.”

The TTDF added that it “cat­e­gor­i­cal­ly states that no mil­i­tary ser­vice per­son­nel are above the law.”

It said if any mem­ber of the De­fence Force is be­ing in­ves­ti­gat­ed for al­leged crim­i­nal or civ­il mat­ters, pro­ce­dures un­der mil­i­tary law will be tak­en in sup­port of the in­ves­ti­ga­tions.

It al­so said it con­tin­ues to con­duct its in­ter­nal in­ves­ti­ga­tions of the pos­si­ble in­volve­ment of mil­i­tary per­son­nel in the “Drugs Sou Sou” op­er­a­tions that may be con­sid­ered to be con­trary to “Good Or­der and Mil­i­tary Dis­ci­pline”.

The TTDF ex­plained that since the first raid on the DSS op­er­a­tions in Sep­tem­ber, it has been con­sis­tent in its sup­port to the Trinidad and To­ba­go Po­lice Ser­vice in the con­duct of crim­i­nal and/or civ­il in­quiries and has tak­en steps to elim­i­nate any in­ter­fer­ence in­to the on­go­ing in­ves­ti­ga­tions.

It said it is ful­ly aware of the pub­lic sen­si­tiv­i­ty sur­round­ing the mat­ter and would con­tin­ue to take all nec­es­sary le­git­i­mate ac­tions

as a re­spon­si­ble and pro­fes­sion­al mil­i­tary or­ga­ni­za­tion.

Last week Na­tion­al Se­cu­ri­ty Min­is­ter Stu­art Young, while speak­ing on CNC3’s The Morn­ing Brew said Clarke had been sent on ad­min­is­tra­tive leave but Clarke’s at­tor­ney said this was not the case and that he was grant­ed va­ca­tion.


Related articles

Sponsored

Weather

PORT OF SPAIN WEATHER

Sponsored