JavaScript is disabled in your web browser or browser is too old to support JavaScript. Today almost all web pages contain JavaScript, a scripting programming language that runs on visitor's web browser. It makes web pages functional for specific purposes and if disabled for some reason, the content or the functionality of the web page can be limited or unavailable.

Friday, April 4, 2025

Three cops arrested after robbery report

by

1383 days ago
20210620
A police officer takes notes as the vehicles used by the officers in the alleged robbery is loaded by Rishi’s Wrecking Services at the St Margaret’s Police Station, yesterday.

A police officer takes notes as the vehicles used by the officers in the alleged robbery is loaded by Rishi’s Wrecking Services at the St Margaret’s Police Station, yesterday.

RISHI RAGOONATH

rad­hi­ca.sookraj@guardian.co.tt

 

De­tec­tives from the Spe­cial Op­er­a­tions Re­sponse Unit and the Pro­fes­sion­al Stan­dards Bu­reau have ar­rest­ed three po­lice of­fi­cers af­ter they re­port­ed­ly robbed a drug deal­er in the south Trinidad of cash and drugs. 

One of the of­fi­cers had been un­der sur­veil­lance for quite some time.

Guardian Me­dia was told of­fi­cers from the North East­ern Di­vi­sion­al Task Force were ap­pre­hend­ed on Fri­day night in Gas­par­il­lo. 

The of­fi­cers claimed they were on a le­git­i­mate ex­er­cise. How­ev­er, when the PSB con­tact­ed their se­niors, there was no ver­i­fi­ca­tion that the NEDTF had been on any le­git­i­mate ex­er­cise.

The three men were tak­en to the Gas­par­il­lo and St Mar­garet’s Po­lice Sta­tions where they were ques­tioned sep­a­rate­ly. Two ve­hi­cles used by the of­fi­cers were im­pound­ed by the po­lice. Guardian Me­dia cap­tured footage of the ve­hi­cles as they were be­ing tak­en for fin­ger­prints at the St Mar­garet’s Po­lice.  

SORT and PSB of­fi­cers al­so seized an un­reg­is­tered mi­ni-sub-ma­chine gun.

Po­lice said one of the of­fi­cers had been charged along with a se­nior of­fi­cer for the as­sault of a San­ta Cruz man.

How­ev­er, that mat­ter was sub­se­quent­ly dis­missed at the Port of Spain Mag­is­trates Court in 2019 af­ter the pros­e­cu­tion failed to pre­pare a case. 


Related articles

Sponsored

Weather

PORT OF SPAIN WEATHER

Sponsored